Who is Tom Anderson and why does he teach the Alexander Master Class?
It is rare to find a Master Artist that is also a Master Teacher. We’ve talked about this in other emails but there are different kinds of teachers. There are painters that can’t teach and there are teachers that can’t paint. The fastest track to becoming great is to find a great teacher that is an accomplished artist. This describes Tom Anderson. Tom studied Bill Alexander’s technique more than anyone we know on the planet. He also is a student of the Old Masters. Tom is the kind of guy that not only wants to know how to do something, he wants to know the why. Students that study with him have a greater understanding of painting techniques because he shares the how and the why
A little more about Tom.
- First of all, he is NOT my brother-in-law. We are not related but we share the same last name.
- He studied Bill Alexander’s Technique more than anyone we know.
- Tom met Bill in 1992 when he became an Alexander Certified Instructor. Bill looked him in the eyes and told him to carry on where Bill was leaving off, to teach the world to paint. Tom took this to heart and has dedicated his life to teaching Bill’s method along with his own. Many of his students have won prestigious awards and others have had full ride scholarships to art school. Many others have had a lifetime of pleasure painting because of their time spent with Tom.
- He not only studied Bill’s techniques but he is a life long student of the Old Masters. He has traveled the world to see Old Master’s paintings first hand.
- Tom is the man behind our new formula of Magic White®, our Magic Clear and non-toxic clean-up. Thanks to Tom, we are all painting safely again.
- Tom worked hard for decades to make it easy for people to learn to paint. Now we don’t have to! We can skip the frustration and learn directly from him.
I will share more with you as we prepare to join together for next week’s webinar, where we will show you our entire Master Class program and how it just might be right for you. In the meantime, if you have any questions that you want us to cover next Tuesday, just hit reply to this email and ask away!
PS: We truly want to help you become the best artist you can be. This year I will celebrate 35 years with Alexander Art. I’ve known a lot of teachers and I’ve seen a lot of programs. Never have I seen the success that our Master Class Students achieve.