Using The Principle of Blending to Create a Proper Sphere
Today’s Video Tip is by Buck Paulson. This particular clip was filmed years ago but the principles still apply. Buck is currently in the studio creating a new series where he has plenty of time to teach correct principles. We’ll let you know when these are available.Key Points:
- Buck starts with a well-defined sketch of a jug.
- He will use four values and the first two are already on the canvas but are still wet.
- Notice he is painting in the direction of the form of the jug.
- He uses the Alexander Hake Brush because the bristles are very soft.
- Buck adds a small amount of the lighter of the two colors of paint, to his brush.
- He blends in a zig-zag motion keeping a right angle to the line.
- Once he zig-zags he gently strokes the canvas in the same direction as he painted.
- The Hake Brush is picking up paint from the canvas and needs to be wiped out of the brush often.
How much better will your paintings be once you understand how to use this important principle of creating and blending values? Please share with us how you are applying this principle to your work.
Laurie and Dawn
PLUS: So whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become the artist you’ve always wanted to be.
1: Let us help you decide your next step on your art journey
Not sure how to move forward on your path to become a great artist? Just hit reply to this message and put “Art Journey” in the subject line… tell me a little bit about your painting experience (even if you have none) and we will set up a private meeting to see if Alexander Art is a good fit for you.
2: Join Our Membership
Quickly become a better artist by having access to hundreds of videos led by Master Artists. You also get self-guided, step-by-step courses. And of course discounts on all our special art supplies.
Watch this video to see inside our membership.
3: Let US guide you in our Alexander Master Class
Quickly learn the Alexander proven way to paint starting from where you are… and we’ll lead you from there. The best thing is our Master Class is a unique series of courses with live feedback taught by Master Artist, Master Teacher, Tom Anderson. It isn’t for people who have already “Mastered” painting techniques… It is for people with the passion and desire to learn everything the Old Masters and Bill Alexander knew one baby step at a time.
Watch this video to see if Master Class is right for you.