You Too Can Paint Beautiful Lake Reflections!
Many people struggle to create realistic landscapes. In today’s video clip, Bill Alexander shows you how to place and move the color to create reflections in a lake so you can know how to do it too!
Key Points To Consider:
- Bill always begins with a thin coat of Magic White.
- He uses thick, firm paint.
- He mixes the lake color on the canvas before he goes to the canvas.
- While applying the dark base, he uses very little paint and holds his brush straight into the canvas, and then pulls downward.
- He uses heavy pressure to push the paint deep into the canvas.
- He adjusts the color when needed.
- His highlight colors are placed on top of the thin base color.
- He matches the colors with the colors of the trees above.
- Bill matches the shapes of the tree masses.
- He places all of the colors on the lake before he blends.
- The clean, dry, Blending Brush is held flat against the canvas with very little pressure.
- He pulls straight down to smear the paint. Again, no pressure on the brush. This creates a dragging effect.
- Bill turns the brush over because he picked up paint from the canvas. This ensures the colors stay pure.
- He cleans and drys his brush often.
- After the vertical strokes, he creates the horizontal strokes.
Laurie and Dawn
PLUS: So whenever you’re ready…here are a few ways we can help you become the artist you’ve always wanted to be.
1: Join Our Membership
Quickly become a better artist by having access to hundreds of videos led by Master Artists. You also get self-guided, step-by-step courses. And of course discounts on all our special art supplies.
Watch this video to see inside our membership.
2: Let US guide you in our Alexander Master Class
Quickly learn the Alexander proven way to paint starting from where you are… and we’ll lead you from there. The best thing is our Master Class is a unique series of courses with live feedback taught by Master Artist, Master Teacher, Tom Anderson. It isn’t for people who have already “Mastered” painting techniques… It is for people with the passion and desire to learn everything the Old Masters and Bill Alexander knew one baby step at a time.
Watch this video to see if Master Class is right for you.
3: Let us help you decide your next step on your art journey
Not sure how to move forward on your path to become a great artist? Just hit reply to this message and put “Art Journey” in the subject line… tell me a little bit about your painting experience (even if you have none) and we will set up a private meeting to see if Alexander Art is a good fit for you.